Thursday, July 20, 2006
Obviously I have to comment on sth. don't I?
Anw... I just realized sumthing.
Now I know why ppl commit suicide.
Seriously. It's like this.
Suicidal thoughts often stem from depression/stress, and in certain cases, paranoia. And these in turn stem from issues like failed relationships, datelines to meet, etc. etc. And of course the stress mounts after a while. And people search for a way out. Just the thought of being able to escape the troubles, life's toils, makes them do sum desperate things...and unfortunately they turn to suicide. Freaky huh?
And yet...quite recently...i see a lot of ppl...who are depressed/stressed/paranoid. And it goes on through weeks, months, and it just worsens. The problem? No time. Or no mood. Or related to either of the above. (Not that I'm saying they're suicidal. Or even bordering. Just a bit.....showing symptoms....without the "illness"...if you get what I mean.)
Taking it from a Christian's point of view....Firstly, I understand what these ppl go through. Depression, homework, paranoia,and (sorta) failed relationships. But really...the solution to these is really simple. God created each and everyone of us. Our goal in life is to fulfill His purpose for us and proclaim His glory. The act of taking our lives belittles God, saying our lives are worthless.
So...what's my point?
For those of you out there whose life is messed up right now....you can stop it. You can control it. Stop listening to what people think of you. If yr overstressed due to homework etc., then prioritize and manage yr time carefully. Above all, pray to God for strength. and confidence in yourself. No one achieves what one does with our strength alone. We do it through the Holy Spirit who empowers us. Instead of being defeated by these struggles, treat them as part of God's plan to shape you. Use them as learning points.
Also talk to parents, counselers, close friends, anyone you can trust. Talking about yr problems help, believe me. Act NOW to take control of your life before it's too late. It is not our purpose we are fulfilling, but rather God's purpose for us.
For at the end of the day, if and when we have completed our mission, we will meet our Maker in heaven. And He will then be able to say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." God does answer our prayers for help-if we ask Him.
changeme.
10:35 PM